1. What is Gift Elephant?
Gift Elephant is your personal gift organizer. Keep track of gifts you’ve given and received, remember all your gift-giving occasions, jot down gift preferences and ideas for specific people, manage your thank you notes… and so much more.
2. Is Gift Elephant really free?
Yes. Save your money for gifts.
3. How does Gift Elephant use my email address?
You’ll need it to log-in to the site, and we’ll use it if you ask us to email you reminders for specific birthdays, anniversaries or holidays.
We do not sell email lists. We do not spam. We promise.
4. I’m going insane trying to remember upcoming birthdays, bridal showers, graduations and so on.
That’s not a question, but we feel your pain. You can easily set up reminders for any occasion, and the reminder will be displayed in your “Don’t Forget” box. You can also opt to be emailed a reminder which we’ll send a week before the occasion.
5. Can I have Gift Elephant remind me about some people’s birthdays, but not others?
Of course. You can even opt not to receive any reminders at all.
6. What if I gave one gift to two people (eg. for their wedding) or if all my cousins chipped in for my birthday present?
Not a problem. You can select multiple names of givers (or recipients) for each gift in order to keep track of everyone. The gift will be displayed on each of their individual pages.
7. I always forget whether I’ve sent a thank you note. Does that make me a bad person?
Nope, just a busy person. When you enter information about a gift you’ve given, we’ll ask if you’ve already sent a thank you note. We’ll keep track of your unsent notes on your “Thank You Notes” page. And stay tuned – we’ll be offering some fun stuff soon to make sending thank you notes even easier!
8. How should I keep track of gifts other people have given my kids?
We suggest you create a separate Gift Elephant account for each child (remember, you’ll need a different email for each account). They’ll enjoy looking back at what they gave their friends and who gave them what.
9. Can anyone see what gifts I’ve given and received?
Absolutely not. Your account is private.
10. I forgot my password but have become completely reliant on Gift Elephant. How do I access my account?
Click the “Forgot your password?” link in the upper-right corner of the homepage and follow the prompts.
11. How do I change my email address or password for my account?
After logging in, click the “Account Settings” link in the upper-right corner of any page.
12. Elephants are cool? Really?
Yes. Yes they are.